- North East Equality Award
In 2011 The Cyrenians won the North East Equality Award for Outstanding Practice.
We are winners of the highly prestigious National Community and Residential Award for the CHP unit at Elliott House in conjunction with Yanmar.
- Chartered Institute of Personal Development (CIPD)
We are proud winners of the Chartered Institute of Personal Development (CIPD) 'Talent Attraction and Management' Award. We received this prestigious national award for the traineeship model of taking eight trainees from Brighter Futures and recruiting them in TCUK Property Services.
Housing Heroes Award for Support Team of the Year
The Cyrenians beat stiff competition from around the country to win the Support / Care Team of the Year. The Adults facing Chronic Exclusion (ACE) Project supports chronically excluded people who do not use existing services or for whom existing services are insufficient - due to multiple, complex needs.
- Sunday Times ‘Best Companies to Work For’ 2010 – Two Star status
Two Star Status is acknowledged as first class. ‘Best Companies’ accreditation has been established to acknowledge excellence in the workplace.
- Queens Award for Voluntary Service
This prestigious National Honour sets the national benchmark for excellence in volunteering and recognises groups of individuals who give their time freely for the benefit of others. It is the highest honour of its kind and is equivalent in status to the MBE.
- Sieff Award - Business in the Community Awards for Excellence
The prestigious Sieff Award was presented to Chief Executive, Stephen Bell for his work in encouraging local businesses to work with the region's communities. The Business in the Community Awards for Excellence are influential, independent, peer assessed corporate responsibility awards. In association with the Financial Times, the awards recognise individuals and companies which have delivered positive impacts on the environment, marketplace, workplace and community.
- Regional Homeless Champions with Newcastle City Council
The partnership of Newcastle City Council and The Cyrenians has been named Regional Rough Sleeping Champions 2009/10 for its pioneering work and success in preventing homelessness, addressing chronic social exclusion and reducing prolific offending rates. The Department for Communities and Local Government is promoting the partnership as an exemplar of best practice to other authorities and organisations throughout the country.
- Sunday Times ‘Best Companies to Work For’ 2009 – One Star status
One Star Status is acknowledged as first class. ‘Best Companies’ accreditation has been established to acknowledge excellence in the workplace.
- North East Business Awards - Public Sector Organisation of the Year,
- CIPD Awards North East - Equality and Diversity in the Workplace
- Charity Times - Charity of the Year
- North East Winner - Drugs Worker of the Year – George Wake
- North East Equality Award - Outstanding Practice in Recruitment
- North East Winners - Drugs Team of the Year – Trading Places
- Construction Excellence Awards - winner
- John Laing - Day Centre of the Year Award - winner
- ‘Individual who’s made a Difference’ - North-East Equality Awards Stephen Bell
- Voluntary Entrepreneur of the Year - Community Foundation Awards - Stephen Bell
- Learning & Skills Council Award for Pioneering Recruitment - North East
- Learning & Skills Council Award for Pioneering Recruitment – Northumberland/Tyne & Wear